Veneer and lumineer
Veneer and lumineer
Art restoration of teeth corrects all appeared damages and helps to eliminate even inborn defects. In “Sky Dream Clinic” teeth restoration starts with the diagnostic procedure, during which the teeth tissues, natural colour, geometric form and other indicators are carefully examined. Restoration work is similar to the work performed by an architect, and is based on deep analysis, task localization and thorough calculations.
Veneers as a method of dental prosthetics has started developing already in the previous century. Actors, who needed a radiant smile for their roles, fixated special plates on their teeth, making the teeth row smooth and white. Naturally, it was only a temporary option, but gradually this solution has found a new application, and from the stage of theatrical image, it moved to the real world of ordinary people. Today, these teeth plates are called veneers and lumineers.
Veneers and lumineers – are very thin dental prostheses, which are fixated on the teeth, generally, only front ones, as they have an aesthetic function. These two notions are practically identical. However, veneers are approximately 0.5 millimeters thin, and lumineers are twice as thinner. This allows fixating them on teeth surfaces, without the need of grinding and polishing. This operation cannot be done with veneers – a layer of a little bit less than a millimeter is removed from the tooth surface, and afterwards the veneer plate is fixated in place.
What to choose: veneers or lumineers?
Thisisalegitimatequestion asked by many patients willing to restore the beauty of their smiles. First, let us see into the main role of the teeth plates.
Dental veneers and lumineers are specially designed to restore smile aesthetics, and to make the teeth row smooth and radiant. Therefore, these small prostheses are suitable for those patients who experience enamel colour change (due to smoking, excessive coffee or tea drinking, and different teeth or organism diseases), have enamel cracks, gaps between the teeth, or some of their teeth have an irregular shape.
It is commonly accepted to distinguish three basic veneer types:
- Composite veneers – are made from composite materials and are created similar to dental fillings – directly in the oral cavity;
- Ceramic veneers are made from ceramics and porcelain;
- Zirconiaveneers – arethemostsolid and durable constructions, which will serve for several decades. Naturally, they are also the most expensive from the presented constructions.
Ceramic veneers are considered to be most popular. The look extremely aesthetic, as ceramics has a whole range of various shades, and each patient can choose the preferable future teeth colour.
TYPES OF DENTAL RESTORATION WORKS
- Restoration of a lost tooth part by dental filling (including the replacement of darkened and metal fillings) with light curing composite materials.
- Veneer teeth restoration – the fastest way to restore perfect appearance to teeth with upper layer damage.
- Dental tab restoration – a type of teeth micro prosthetics. In places where caries has significantly damaged the tooth, and a dental filling cannot solve the problem anymore, individually made ceramics and composite material dental tabs are applied.
- Artificial crown installation from metal ceramics or alternative materials. This method is applied in case it is impossible to use a dental tab due to a massive tooth destruction or occlusion peculiarities.
We have elastic prices, and individual approach to each patient!