What is an implant?
The purpose of any prosthetics is the recovery of the lost bodies, in this case - teeth. Moreover, if there are fewer teeth, it is more difficult to make it. Often big removable prosthesis cannot recover long-term faultless functioning, as it can be inconvenient, externally not attractive, and during the longtime use, there is possibility of an oral cavity’s mucous membrane irritation. Besides, many people can feel hostility, as every evening there is a necessity to put "teeth in a glass". In this situation, implants come to the rescue.
In many cases, implants provide more profitable decision. They replace the absent teeth entirely altogether with a root. Implants are fitted in a jawbone, replacing the former teeth. During the mending procedure, the bone grows into an implant, so eventually, tooth is firmly fixed in it.
Benefits of implants are obvious:
- They are implanted. You wear them as your natural teeth. Strong prosthesis fastening allows you to eat any food you like.
- Implants are recommended also in case of the absence of only one tooth, in order not to damage the next one, when setting the dental bridge.
- When using implants it is possible not to refuse a denture, but it can be significantly reduced and better fixed in an oral cavity.
- The removable prosthesis becomes scarcely noticeable both for you and for people around, instead of it, a more functional and aesthetic decision can be found.
How does the treatment proceed?
- Firstly, you are inspected by our dentists, as before the implantation procedure it is necessary to cure the possible inflammations in an oral cavity. Likewise, it is necessary to cure caries and periodontal diseases. In case of presence of any diseases or infections, it is obligatory to have a written consent of your GP doctor.
- After the general inspection, doctors will explain the course of the procedure and an operation plan date.
- Under a local anesthesia, the jaw is bared in the place of the implant insertion to the bone. After the establishment of an implant, dentist sews the gum up. Implantation procedure can be compared with a tooth extraction.
- In each separate case the implant firmly grows into a bone in a time period of 3 to 6 months. After the time has passed, a special rack is screwed in the implant, where a “new tooth” is fixed like a simple crown.
You have to know it!
Implantation is an operative measure, when the foreign body is implanted in a jawbone. Therefore, as in any other invasive procedure, there are certain compulsory provisions in implantation, which without fail have to be followed.
1-st condition: absolute hygiene of an oral cavity
As for other operations and surgical procedures, the person has to be prepared for implantation as well. Even before the operational intervention, systematic care of teeth has to be carried out according to instructions of the doctor. The doctor can refuse the implant installation, in case of an insufficient teeth care.
2-nd condition: doctor’s inspection
Before a treatment initiation it is recommended to pass general inspection at the attending GP’s office. The lowered regeneration of bones, serious heart diseases, diabetes, high arterial pressure, hormonal disturbance, and other diseases, which are negatively influencing the mending of an implant, can be the cause of implantation contraindication.
3-rd condition: X-ray snapshot
Only by corresponding X-ray analysis it is possible to establish, whether the jawbone is qualitative or quantitative for implantation. Based on the circumstances, it is possible to lengthen the bone level with the help of artificial material.
How long do the implants serve?
The duration time of their service depends completely on the individual, as a careful care of an oral cavity prevents inflammations that lead to implant loss. Regular control is required every six months, so in case of some changes the doctor can take some necessary measures. If all the above-mentioned conditions are accomplished and followed correctly, an individual implant guarantee is provided (depending on a state of health, physiological features and harmful habits).
Our professional doctor-hygienist will advise, what means of teeth care are the most rational from the medical point of view. Consult the doctor, as the corresponding hygiene of an oral cavity saves both your natural teeth and implants.Perhaps, the most popular type of treatment in Latvia is prosthetics. It is connected with almost total absence of prevention of teeth diseases in our country. At the time of free medicine, low quality rendering dental services often had: lack of anesthesia, bad equipment, inattentive doctors, lack of radiological inspection and many other things. As a result, most people are afraid even hearing the word "stomatology", and accumulate one problem behind a different one, waiting till the last minute, when the only possible option left – is prosthetics.
Prosthetic treatment is required to recover the chewing, anatomic and esthetic functions, due to the teeth loss, in order to prevent the development of periodontal diseases and dentition deformation.
We will provide more detailed information and specific examples that will guide you through the procedure of prostheses construction choice.
In addition to traditional metal ceramics, other materials are also used in dental treatment, like last generation biocompatible: alloys on gold basis, inert non-noble alloys of cobalt and chrome. Gold-bearing alloys possess high corrosion resistance and an exact fit that significantly prolongs denture life cycle. Besides, they give ceramics a pleasant shade, but when contacting with a gum do not cause allergic reaction (reaction of denture rejection) and darkening of a crown. These ceramic materials not only give the crown a natural color, but also transparency, opacity, which is specific to each patient's teeth. These crowns have natural micro erase ability that is inherent for natural teeth. Teeth prosthesis made from materials with these properties, allow to protect healthy antagonist teeth from premature aging.
Pulped tooth becomes more brittle and can decolorize. In this situation, doctors resort to production of a crown. Crowns are put on a live tooth in case of its strong destruction. The main function of a crown is to recover a full-fledged chewing function and to meet the aesthetic requirements. Crowns are made from metal ceramics or are entirely ceramic (for the best aesthetics of frontal teeth). Lack of metal gives the chance to imitate natural enamel transparency.
There is no need to delete the remained root on an absolutely destroyed coronal part of tooth. In this case the root stump inset (so-called pin) is made. It precisely repeats the form of the tooth channel and it allows to distribute a masticatory load on a root and on the recovered tooth stump, where the crown is put later on.
Removable prosthetics is very popular around the world since it is simple, fast, and has the smallest amount of contraindications. The huge number of various fastenings is developed for removable prostheses, starting with simple clasps (hooks), and ending with fixing with the most difficult attachments; the last achievement is –the telescopic crowns.
The telescopic crown consists of two crowns. The first represents a metal cap, which is put on the prepared tooth. The second part is a removable prosthesis that repeats an inside and outside forms of a natural tooth precisely.
Complete removable prosthesis
The latest generation of so-called "soft" or "nylon" dentures has no flaws like their predecessors- fragility and the ability to change shape under the influence of high temperatures.
Acry-Free - new monomer-free material, based on acrylic resins. This material is completely deprived of acrylic plastic deficiencies (fragility and allergenic reactions), and the main nylon disadvantage - excessive elasticity and labor input, while producing a prosthesis (poorhandling and finished item polishing). Primary benefits of this material are durability and lack of allergic reaction, due to the absence of monomer. Material is transparent, elastic and easily polished; prostheses made from it is easilyadjustable, repairable and relocated.
Field of application of Acry-Free prostheses is very wide:
The advantages of Acry-Free prostheses also include:
- high aesthetics qualities (obscurity for people around), exclusive flexibility, lightness, elasticity and increased transparency;
- high biocompatibility with oral cavity fabrics, lack of allergic and toxic reactions;
- fast and painless accustoming to prosthesis;
- lack of pre-treatment of natural teeth, mucous, gums, etc.
- Modern removable dentures are very strong, comfortable and aesthetic. They are safe and have no age restrictions. Despite the selected removable prosthetics type and installation method, you can be always sure of prostheses high quality and maximum approach to a natural teeth type.